Energy Projects Manager
Michael has a wealth of experience analysing the energy use of New Zealand's businesses across a wide range of industries: from food, timber and mineral processing to manufacturing and marine transport, including large commercial buildings.
He uses his engineering background and his insights into customers' processes to increase their energy efficiency, reduce costs and undertake feasibility studies into energy-related projects.
An experienced energy-sector engineer, Michael is an expert in renewable energy, energy utilisation, energy efficiency, energy management and services, particularly in:
- Energy auditing
- Advice on renewable energy and co-generation
- Commercial analysis of energy projects
- Optimisation of refrigeration systems
Relevant project experience
- Industrial energy audits of manufacturers, food processors, wineries and mineral processors
- Commercial energy audits of hotels, stadiums, office buildings and marine transport operators
- Analysis of a sawmill's boiler capacity and heat loads to determine the increase in drying capacity possible using the existing boiler
- Writing a comprehensive energy-efficiency handbook for the NZ inshore fishing industry
- Evaluation of energy-efficiency improvements and subsequent preparation of case studies for EECA
- Analysis of biogas co-generation at waste-water treatment plants
- Comprehensive review of frozen food processors and ice cream manufacturers' refrigeration systems
- Design advice to improve CI Munro's campervans' energy efficiency and comfort
Click here to email Michael.
Back to top